We understand that you have put a lot of your time and effort into planning your big day and a huge part of that is choosing the right photographer (or photographers in our case!).
We have put together a list of questions we are quite frequently asked and a few top tips you should think about when looking for your photographer.
- How far in advance do I need to book? We are taking bookings up to 2 years in advance at the moment. Book quickly to avoid disappointment as Wedding Photographers are usually one of the first things brides and grooms book.
- How long have you been photographing weddings? This will be our third year photographing weddings.
- How many weddings have you photographed? We photographed 12 weddings in 2016 and have 11 booked for 2017.
- How would you describe your photography style? We class ourselves as Wedding Photojournalists which means we quietly capture the moments as they unfold to help tell the story of your day. We still do the traditional formal images with family, bridal party and the bride and groom.
- What do you think distinguishes your work from that of other photographers? Our personalities are what makes us stand out from other photographers. We are a fun loving couple who love interacting with people and have both a passion for photography and weddings. Being comfortable around your photographers is key and will help get better results.
- Do you have a portfolio I can look at? Of course! Take a look at our website, we have lots of wedding photos, blogs and videos to look at. Please also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Can I give you a list of specific shots we would like? Yes please! We encourage you to give us a list of family/bridal party formals. This makes arranging the photos a lot easier.
- What information do you need from me before the big day?
As much information as possible. Timeline, guests, location, photo lists.... We have a form we go through with you a couple of times before the big day to ensure we have as much information as we need for the day.
- Do you have backup equipment? What about a backup plan if you cannot make it to shoot my wedding for some reason? We have back up equipment and also have back up photographers. This will depend on the situation and circumstances. If for some reason we cannot make you day, we will try our absolute best to have another photographer attend but unfortunately cannot guarantee we can find cover. All money will be refunded if we cannot attend. We also have a contract which states all this information prior to booking.
- If my wedding venue is out of your area, do you charge extra for travel?
Generally, our wedding packages cover travel. This will be within a certain radius but we are more than happy to travel.
- Are you photographing other events on the same day as mine? Nope!
- How will you be dressed? We dress smart. We are attending a wedding so always dress as if we were guests.
- Is it okay if other people take photos while you're taking photos? We have certain rules outlined in our contract which asks that guests/other photographers are respectful of our needs on the day. You are paying for us to capture your day, not uncle Bob who has a new camera :)
- What time will you arrive and for how long will you shoot? This depends on the package booked but will all be discussed as we are putting together a timeline for your day. Each wedding varies so we do not have a set arrival / departure time.
- If my wedding lasts longer than expected, will you stay and is there an additional charge? We will gladly stay and generally there will be no additional charge but this will be dependant on circumstances.
- How long do I wait to receive my images and how do I get them?
We try to turn around photos as quickly as possible but during wedding season we are very busy so an expected turnaround would be approx 4-8 weeks. Photos are supplied on a personalised USB drive or DVD with the option of photo albums, prints and canvases.
- When will I receive a written contract? Once you have decided you want to book us :)
- How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? A £100 non refundable deposit is required to secure your wedding. This is due at the time of booking with the remaining balance to be paid at least 4 weeks prior to your wedding.
- What is your refund/cancellation policy? Deposits are non refundable. Cancellations in the 4 weeks prior to the wedding will also be non refundable as this will result in a loss of earnings. If for any reason we have to cancel; a full refund will be given.
- Do you have liability insurance? Absolutely. If you require a copy of our insurance certificate, please ask.
Questions to Ask Yourself:
- Do I feel a connection with You Only Live Once - Photographers and do I love their photos?
- Am I comfortable with their work and communication style?
- Has this photographer listened well and addressed all my concerns?